Monday, July 25, 2016

Christmas Harvest

I finally got around to jarring the Christmas harvest we pulled off of the collapsed St Benedict colony on 25 December. I filled 14 half-pound queen line jars, or 7 pounds total. Tasted good! Too bad they are all dead.

The old hive formerly occupied by the benedictianae is now occupied by the St Lucy colony we captured in the spring. Ora pro nobis, Sancta Lucia! Ut digni efficiamur promissionibus Christi!

Thursday, July 14, 2016

More feed for the Salomium

I put on another 4 lbs. into the Salomium on Monday. They had drained the earlier one dry.

Still no pollen going into the Ambrosium. Seems like there is less activity out front there compared to the other hives.

On Monday, there had seemed to be a regular tornado in front; I thought they were going to swarm. Then the activity died down, and things went back to normal. I wonder if the ambrosianae finally did it.

It's been very dry here the past week or so. We've needed to water the garden as well as the bees.