Saturday, June 14, 2014

Re-arrange frames in the Valentinium

The crown vetch is beginning to bloom.

We took apart the upper deep of the Valentinium today. The thought was that we might need to move some frames from the lower deep into the upper in order to encourage the bees to move in. After inspecting all of the frames in the upper deep, we concluded that they have already moved in. We saw plenty of honey and brood.

We did see a tendency to crown into the western portion of the body, so we shuffled some of the fuller frames towards the east to spread out the density.

The bees have done nothing with the foundationless drone frames on the eastern and western periphery of the hive.

No comments:

Post a Comment