The weather was gorgeous these last three days, and the bees are busy. The marigolds have been covered with bees, and I see lots of pollen going into the hives. The carnations are also in bloom, along with lots of small-flowered weeds which I do not recognize.
Today, I finally got around to putting six pints of 2:1 sugar syrup into the Valentinium. The Valentinians seemed a happy lot and came out to greet me in numbers. I retreated and put on a veil and tried again, this time successfully. I hope they drink more of it this time.
Since putting in the sugar syrup a few weeks back, I have noticed far fewer bees in our water buckets.