Monday, July 3, 2017

More bad news

The Lucium died out sometime in March. We got two new hives: Benedictium II and Salomium II. The new Benedictium's queen died within a month, so I combined them into one hive.

We had a crazy rogue bee which harassed the kids until it stung me (OUCH) in the face. I made quite a splash at work the next day.

Yesterday I (finally) inspected the Salomium. I found a heavy super and under it some brood, and lots of angry bees unused to seeing their keeper. So I put in the bee escape, and perhaps we will have a harvest on the 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment