Our Russian queen arrived today with three pounds of bees. We moved the old Valentinium to a new rail further uphill and at an angle from the Benedictium and shook the bees in. I fit in 10 frames, 6 of uncapped nectar left by the valentinianae, three of empty comb, and one completely empty frame. I put the queen and some syrup on top, and the not-quite empty box there two, with a couple of empty medium supers, followed by the crown cover upside down, and then the telescoping top.
I hope they do okay. Temperatures will get down below freezing tonight.
There is still nothing in bloom. Nothing.
I think I'll call it the Josephinum in honor of today.