Saturday, September 26, 2015

Another sting

I went out today to line up the supers on the Benedictium since we may get rain tonight. The hive jerked more than I was expecting a few guards came out o investigate. I retreated all the way to house and opened up the back door when I got a quite painful sting on my right elbow. What's up with these benedictianae following me to the house? I came in and three bees came with me and started strafing the lights in the kitchen. I sucked them up with the hose on my vacuum cleaner.

We had been planning to harvest today, but we decided instead to head out to Meadowcroft to see the Indian re-enactors. These guys and gals are really quite good. We saw one Indian skinning a beaver, Ghost-in-the-Head was skinning a bear with an obsidian knife. A young Indian showed the apiaria how he braided feathers into his locks (the few he kept, he was quite bald), and an Indian woman showed us how she cooked raccoon, black snake, crawfish, and frogs. There was some traders on hand with ironmongery, vermilion, beads, and textiles. And as always, the fishermen were first rate, and the kids got very wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment